The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Pasadena, TX 77504 US
Posted: 05/04/2023 2023-05-04 2023-06-30 Industry: Clerical/Office Job Number: TS3256632
Zip Code: Pasadena, TX 77504 | Location: East Houston
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $15 an hour
Client Company: Harris County Public Health Services
Team1Medical is working with Harris County Public Health to fill their current opening for a Clinic Clerk to join their WIC division. The Clinic Clerk will provide high-level customer service to program participants, screen and calculate applicant eligibility, process program documentation, issue benefits to clients, and participate in community outreaches. If you have experience working as a Clinic Clerk and seeking a position close to home, submit your application today!
Clinic Clerk’s Responsibilities
- Assist clients with completing all necessary forms and documentation
- Complete data entry and evaluate eligibility documents for residency, identification, income, and immunizations
- Explain WIC Program procedures, use of Texas WIC card, and WIC Food Benefits to clients
- Answer incoming phone calls, check patients in, schedule appointments, and assist around the clinic
- Complete blood iron level check and anthropometric measurement
- Conduct community outreach; provide referrals for clients needing services not provided by WIC and make appropriate referrals to WIC Lactation Consultant
- Conduct Nutrition and Breastfeeding education classes
Clinic Clerk’s Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED is required; an Associate’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of clerical work or training experience is preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in data entry is highly preferred
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills are highly preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- The building is off Fairmount Parkway and has close access to shopping outlets and authentic Tex-Mex restaurants.
- The work schedule will be Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 5:30 PM, Fridays, 8 am to 12 PM, and every 3rd Saturday of each month from 8 am to 12 pm.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- Help to improve public health awareness in the community
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $15 an hour
If you’re interested in helping your community and looking for the next exciting opportunity – Submit your resume today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.