The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Bilingual Licensed Vocational Nurse
Houston, TX 77091 US
Posted: 05/18/2023 2023-05-18 2023-06-30 Industry: Nursing Job Number: TS8002215
Bilingual Licensed Vocational Nurse
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77091 | Location: Various locations in Harris County
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $34 per hour
Client Company: Harris County Public Health Services Department
Are you a Licensed Vocational Nurse seeking to raise public health awareness in Houston? Are you seeking a position that allows you the opportunity to impact our community directly and positively? Team1Medical is partnering with Harris County Public Health as they seek for an LVN to join their team. Here is an opportunity to work with those in our community who need your medical expertise. If you are an LVN seeking a rewarding position close to home, submit your resume today to see what opportunities are open for you!
Bilingual Licensed Vocational Nurse’s Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of CDC-recommended vaccines and administer age-appropriate immunizations.
- Interview clients and document medical and psychosocial information in the EMR
- Perform phlebotomy, collect urine samples, pregnancy tests, vital signs, patient histories, etc.
- Perform quality assurance checks on lab specimens and prepare them for transport.
- Administer tuberculosis skin tests as needed.
- Assist Midlevel Providers and Physicians with tracking and monitoring abnormal lab results and rescheduling lapsed appointments.
- Assist with linking patients to care by coordinating activities with the HIV RN Manager, HIV Linkage to Care Worker, and practitioners.
- Dispense prescribed medication according to Pharmacy D regulations and HCPH procedures and protocols.
- Maintain confidentiality of client’s information.
Bilingual Licensed Vocational Nurse’s Qualifications
- An Associate or Bachelor’s in Nursing is required
- A current Texas LVN License is required
- A minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in medical clinics, private practice, or public health settings is required.
- EMR Epic experience is required
- CPR Certification is required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required
- Must be willing to travel to different locations within Harris County daily; a Valid Texas Driver’s License will be required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- The position requires flexibility to work from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Large, growing Healthcare System helping the residents of Houston, Texas
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $34 an hour
If you are an eager Licensed Vocational Nurse seeking an opportunity to educate the community about public health awareness - Apply today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.