The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Executive Financial Controller
Evanston, IL 60202 US
Posted: 05/30/2023 2023-05-30 2023-06-30 Industry: Accounting & Finance Job Number: IC452908118
Executive Financial Controller
Zip Code: Evanston, IL 60202 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Chicago
Employment Type: Direct Hire | Workplace Type: Hybrid
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm | Salary: $150,000 - $180,000 a year
A premier grower and wholesale garden distributor is seeking an Executive Financial Controller to join their team. Plan, direct, manage, and coordinate all accounting operation functions. Establish, document, monitor and ensure policies and procedures are followed. Generate financial data and analysis for all departments to ensure transparency of their financial results against goals and budgets. Protect assets and reduce risks by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls. If you are looking to enhance your career and gain more responsibility, this position is for you!
Executive Financial Controller’s Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 4 in the accounting department
- Grow your team members' knowledge, skill, and personal effectiveness with weekly staff meetings and performance reviews
- SOP documentation, training, certification, compliance and improvement for accounting, finance, and cross departmental workflows
- Utilizing data to identify collections, resolve customer payment concerns, and bank account reconciliations.
- Have oversight of month end close along with annual department and company budget development
- Review department performance vs budget and goals each month with department head
- Elevate your understanding and effective use of financial performance data.
- Collaborate and develop meaningful departmental and company goals by ensuring KPIs are created for each department that support goals
- Active participation in weekly L10 meetings, holding other members accountable for completing commitments.
- Work with CPA firm on Capex and Section 179 classifications, book and tax depreciation and timing issues, forecasting year-end tax liabilities, review of year-end tax journal entries.
- Participate in risk management including property and liability insurance, design and implementation of internal controls, and business contingency (disaster recovery) planning.
- Act as primary point of contact, required reporting and service level review for banking, merchant processing, CPA and insurance relationships.
Executive Financial Controller’s Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years of accounting experience with a track record of success in increasing revenue and profitability through effective leadership
- Minimum 5 years of controllership experience in distribution, logistics, manufacturing, or related field
- Experience in small to midsized company
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (NAV) experience highly desirable
- Degree from a four-year university in a related field is required
- Good communications skills, both in person and electronically
Company Culture & Perks
- Well established family business offers stability and successful processes
- Future driven company with plans for growth and expansion
- Conveniently located near James Park close to area shopping and restaurants
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- 401(k) plan with 100% company match up to 5% of income with vesting after 1,000 hours of employment
- 15 days of PTO with 8 paid holidays
Salary: Base: $150,000 – $180,000 Bonus: 20% based on company and departmental goals
If you are excited to lead a team of accountants to their financial goals, apply today!
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.