The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77036 US
Posted: 03/16/2023 2023-03-16 2023-04-25 Industry: Medical Assistant Job Number: TS437987118
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77036 | Location: Southwest Houston
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $18 an hour
Client Company: Harris County’s Public Health Department
Do you have experience in a clinical setting? Now is your chance to work with the Harris County Public Health Department as a Medical Assistant in the Refugee Clinic in Southwest Houston. As the Medical Assistant, you will work with the clinical team to create and maintain efficiency with daily clinic operations and provide public health services to all patients seeking health screening services. If you are a Medical Assistant seeking an opportunity to positively impact the refugee community, submit your resume today to see what opportunities are open for you!
Medical Assistant’s Responsibilities
- Perform administrative duties such as registering patients for their appointments in Epic, entering data for program reporting, and ensuring documentation is prepared.
- Provide call-back services to clients to reduce percentages of missed appointments
- Assist the midlevel providers and physicians in tracking and monitoring abnormal lab results and rescheduling lapsed appointments
- Establish the completion of patient paperwork, sign-in, and HIPAA guidelines
- Maintain laboratory and exam rooms in a clean and orderly manner
- Establish home visits when necessary to retrieve medical records, obtain consent, collect specimens
Medical Assistant’s Qualifications
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program is required
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a medical assistant in a clinic or physician’s office is required
- Experience in EMT: Epic is required
- Being bilingual in English and Spanish/Arabic/Ukrainian/Russian is a strong plus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Easy access on and off the freeway with shopping and restaurants nearby
- Be a part of a mission to promote health and safety in Harris County
- Play a key role in preventing illness and injury, protecting yourself and your community
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $18 an hour
If you are an MA or CMA ready to improve the lives of the people in your community, apply today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.