Patient Account Representative- Medicaid
Houston, TX 77081 US
- Utilizing payor websites to get information on eligibility, EOBs, claim status, and online inquiries. Including Avidity, Aetna, Cigna, Human, WellCare, Tricare, United Healthcare, Amerigroup,
- Ensuring that work queues are worked daily and monitoring follow-up activities
- Reporting payment variances, claim rejections, or payor reimbursement issues
- Researching daily and reviewing EOBS, Ras and correspondence from payors
- Monitoring account reimbursement daily
- Updating patient demographic, insurance and other patient information
- Applying appropriate adjustments on accounts that require additional contractual adjustments or a write-off.
- Reviewing patient accounts to determine the next collection action, whether negotiating payment arrangement or discount, proceeding with legal action, or conducting additional insurance follow-up
- Researching denied claims and determining the appropriate course of action to resolve account balances through EPIC Account work queues
- Identifies issues creating denials and works with associated departments to prevent future denials.
- Previous patient account representative experience in a medical or hospital setting
- EPIC Software experience
- EOBs, claims, eligibility
- Understanding of major insurance carriers like Aetna, BCBS, WellCare, TriCare, etc.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or proof of an approved exemption.
- Eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit
- Weekly pay periods
- Direct Deposit offered
- Possible Temp To Hire Opportunity
About The Reserves Network
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However, you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.
The Reserves Network and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.