Are you looking for an opportunity that you can grown in? Our client in Milwaukee is looking for a shop helper.
- Loads and unloads trucks and stores incoming steel material in racks with the use of an overhead crane.
- Forklift experience is helpful
- Washes steel tubing to remove grease.
- Caulks and bondo s fabricated products such as metal railings, fences and steel stairs.
- Grinds and polishes metal products with electrical hand grinders.
- Cuts metal material to size using various cutting machines must be able to read a tape measure to 16th s of an inch
- Keeps shop clean, including sweeping, emptying trash, etc
- Occasionally drives company vehicles to pick up or deliver materials and supplies. (Driving will only be done once you are hired on.)
- Job includes heavy lifting. Overhead cranes are used. Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Cuts grass and does other outside maintenance tasks as needed
- Occasionally works outside as an installer s helper. This is mechanical: cutting on large saws, caulking, hand grinding, etc.
This is not shipping and receiving or warehouse type of work, we are not looking for order pickers or shipping and receiving.
- Good math skills are required, especially fractions and decimals
- Mechanical ability and experience with hand and electrical tools needed
- Good attendance is essential
- Valid Wisconsin driver s license with excellent driving record is required.
Pay and shift:
The pay is $14 plus based on experience and is 7A-3:30P.
If you are interested in this position please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org