Human Resources Manager
McDonough, GA 30253
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Partner with Ops management to hold associates accountable and provide policy/procedure enforcement support & consistency.
2. Maintain warehouse and office bulletin boards ensuring legal compliance.
3. Conduct thorough investigations and make recommendations for disciplinary action when necessary/appropriate. Assist with conflict resolutions.
4. Lead / facilitate coordinating/executing associate relations activities.
5. Administer our proximity card security badge system.
6. Assist in keeping associates informed of all changes in personnel policies.
7. Stay current with changes in employment law.
8. Work with HR Manager to coordinate/execute the following programs: Safety and Workers Compensation, FMLA, LOA, attendance, vacations, bereavement, disciplinary actions and others as designated.
9. Maintain working relationship with Union stewards/officials and adheres to terms of labor contract by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
10. Assist with coordination of activities and events to accomplish Corporate Objectives (Associate Development, Diversity and Community Service).
11. Other duties as assigned
12. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness
13. Ensure accurate and timely payroll process
14. Maintenance of all employment files
Internal & External Contacts:
Internal : All McDonough Associates
External : Workers Compensation Insurance representative, unemployment third party provider/phone hearings, security representatives, temporary agencies, Corporate Human Resources, Corporate Benefits, Union Business Agents.
Direct : HR Clerk, Payroll Clerk, Receptiist
Fast paced, constant change, multiple demands, flexible work hours to help cover overtime and HR needs.
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience: One three years Human Resource experience (preferred); supervisory experience will also be considered.
Education: Four year bachelor s degree or equivalent, business or related field; or, 5+ years of proven management/employee relations experience
Skills: Creative ability, writing proficiency, and effective people skills. Good organizer. Good public speaking skills. At ease in large groups. Ability to work with all associates regardless of title, position or responsibility. Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and associates. Strong safety/workers compensation background.