MAINT4/Maintenance Level 4
McDonough, GA 30253
Position Summary: This is a semi-skilled position in several trades. A Maintenance Technician C associate performs various skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of machinery, building, and equipment. Advancement to this position requires skills evaluated and documented by qualified personnel and acceptance by Review Board. Minimum mechanical aptitude test score: 45 of 68.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Demonstrate troubleshooting skills in all aspects of distribution center maintenance including electrical, mechanical, breakdown, and analytical areas of the business sufficient to respond to most (approximately 80%) trouble calls. Apply training acquired both externally and internally to projects, assignments, and incidents to gain competence within the department.
2. Integrate Safe work practices into every new task assigned and learn new safe behaviors from senior maintenance technicians. Apply learned behaviors to new assignments.
3. Demonstrate customer focus by maintaining a neat and clean work area during both localized and shop-area projects.
4. Assist in the installation of electrical conduit, wiring, switching devices, controls, fixtures, enclosures, motors, outlets, and other electromechanical equipment.
5. Assist in the repair of mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment (i.e. conveyor/sortation, building/facility, fire/safety) and plans and takes corrective action.
6. Assist in testing electrical, pneumatic, and HVAC controls. Be able to replace known individual components in these systems based on the complexity of the work.
7. Notify maintenance department of recurring equipment malfunctions and of quality problems and supplies needed.
8. Assist in routine preventative maintenance inspection of assigned equipment.
9. Maintain battery charging area on a rotational assignment basis providing detailed housekeeping and attention to the area in addition to operating the charging station efficiently and safely.
10. Understand the computerized maintenance management system including accessing work assignments, printing work orders, and entering feedback from field findings.
11. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Determine best methods, procedures for maintenance repairs.
2. Makes troubleshooting/repair recommendations to maintenance manager
Resourcefulness/Creativity: Associate should be effective in solving non-recurring problems.
1. Must stay abreast of changing technology
2. Must be able to crawl, bend, lift heavy motors, withstand heat, climb, and work at 40 - 50 ft. heights
3. Must be able to distinguish different wire colors
4. Must be able to stand most or all of shift
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience: Prefer 2 -3 years electrical, maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, and mechanical experience in a distribution environment.
Education: Requires High School Diploma or GED.
Skills: Must possess troubleshooting skills, good communication, mechanical
ability to operate various equipment, ability to use hand tools.