Garden City, GA 31408
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in the procurement of computer products. Keeps abreast of product information.
2. Communicates and determines scheduling with suppliers for pricing, order fulfillment and delivery. Resolves problems.
3. Determines and maintains pricing. Reviews price lists and updates database.
4. Researches purchasing and sales statistics in order to analyze and establish client needs.
5. Monitors inventory. Prepares reports. Predicts and anticipates sales.
6. Reviews and evaluates quotations. Researches, identifies and recommends potential suppliers. Issues purchase requisitions within authorized limits and schedules deliveries. Follows up on orders.
7. Records ordering information, issues purchase requisitions to suppliers, and complies with McGill purchasing procedures to obtain purchase order numbers. Keeps records.
8. Processes special orders, cancelled orders and coordinates the management of purchase orders.
9. Uses office equipment such as a typewriter, computerized information system, calculator, photocopier and fax machine, etc.
10. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Education and Experience: