McDonough, GA 30253
McDonough, Ga looking for Wave Planner
- Second shift 3pm
- Temp to hire
Preview orders and decides on appropriate criteria to select groups of orders and batch into appropriate waves to meet shipment requirements and optimize facility capacity utilization. Handles include: orders, stores, store types, format, division, ship date, carrier, priority, region, etc.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Evaluates workload in total for day, and by function (e.g. special handling, # of picks,
receiving, etc.) to level overall facility and departmental capacity.
2. Receives and processes requests from Merchandise Coordinators and Customer Service to expedite, modify or cancel orders.
3. In conjunction with Shipping/Receiving Supervisor, reviews inbound preview to determine and schedule trailer unloading sequence to maximize and balance single case carousel and palletization area flow.
4. Levels workloads between Special Handling, QC, Rework, etc. to ensure both daily and/or future requirements are satisfied on time.
5. With Production Plan in hand, meets with Operations Staff to review staffing, equipment utilization and system parameter sets and achieve consensus. Make modifications as required.
6. Produces and presents statistical data to facilitate educated evaluation of plan, to include: (Pick/Pack requirements, full case from storage, pre-distributions, special handling requirements, orders without sufficient inventory ,
residual units required, case break, manual and auto inductions required, etc)
7. When required, cancel customer orders and communicate with appropriate Customer Service personnel to resolve order exceptions.
8. Upon plan approval, set all system administrator parameters to execute plan to
include: chute utilization, SHA/QC lane assignments QC sampling plan by
container (if other than default), pack and hold requirements, rework work order
generation and will call additions.
9. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness
Provides necessary support and communication with DC operations to achieve the prescribed productivity and service goals. Actively initiates action to improve DC operations productivity, cost and services performed.
1. Launches plan; monitor execution of plan to prevent and/or resolve bottlenecks.
Monitors task assignment duration.
2. Creates and ensures processing or emergency picks and floor cuts as required to facilitate continuous flow. Makes in-process wave modifications as required.
When required, process exception:
Edit line items
Modifies order quantities
Utilizes the WCS system to determine order status.
Works mostly in office setting. Must closely monitor, through WMS system, wave status to prevent bottlenecks.
Qualifications & Experience:
Excellent computer knowledge and skills
Four year bachelor s degree or related discipline
-or- 5-7 years of directly related experience.
Effective verbal and written communication, organizational and