McDonough, GA 30253
McDonough, Ga looking for Shipping clerk
- 2nd or 3rd shift
- 3pm-11pm or
- Temp to hire
Responsible for scheduling and documentation of all outbound traffic.
Contacts customers and carriers to route shipments. Prepares records of shipments including Bills of Lading. Maintains pickup appointments information and pickup status.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Schedules all outbound shipments based on customer routing requirements and carrier appointment schedules.
2. Performs check in and check out of carrier drivers. Maintains logs of pickup appointments with carrier arrival times, loading
times, departure times, and load tracking information.
3. Maintain yard management data for shipping equipment. Confirms that adequate equipment is on site, including empty/full
and are placed within correct position on the yard.
4. Ensures outbound paperwork is complete and accurate.
5. Controls and applies seals to outbound trailers.
6. Maintains orderly files and shipping records for all outbound shipments. Researches, pulls, and communicates requests for
7. Uses PKMS Warehouse Management System for shipment data to build loads, track/update shipment information, close
loads, and research issues.
8. Use Microsoft Outlook e-mail for communications with PVH customer service, PVH strategic services, McDonough
management group, customer s traffic departments, and carriers.
9. Constantly communicate with shipping dock management team and yard switcher. Occasionally go to shipping dock resolve issues and/or check on shipments.
10. Assures adequate supplies are on hand to perform daily activities.
11. May move expense items on dock with hand truck.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
13. The ability to work with detailed information and make proper decisions.
Internal & External Contacts:
DC Mgmt. Supervision, IT, Inventory Control
PVH Customer Service, PVH Strategic Services, Customer s Traffic Departments, Carriers
Must work closely with supervisor to coordinate shipments of customer s freight on timely basis.
Utilization of customer s routing systems and communication to schedule shipping within designated windows.
Spends a lot of time working with PC and on telephone. Fast pace, demanding, short notice OT
Qualifications & Experience:
1+ years of shipping experience preferred.
Distribution background is a plus
HS Diploma required
Knowledge of Windows (Excel and Outlook). Effective oral and written communication skills