Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Germantown, WI 530223039
Leading manufacturer of high-tech and high speed web converting equipment has an outstanding opportunity available for a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer in Germantown, Wisconsin. The Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer creates customer specific, custom mechanical process equipment for web handling, coating, winding, laminating and drying.
Benefits offers a comprehensive program that includes medical, dental and vision insurance plans with eligibility starting on the first day of the month following your date of hire.
Also offered: vacation, 11 holidays, 125 Flexible Benefits plan, 105 Health Reimbursement Arrangement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, cash profit sharing, company-provided and supplemental life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary AFLAC plans, five personal days a year, EAP and a comprehensive wellness program
Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Analyze sales proposals, product or equipment specifications and requirements designed for manufacturability
- Prepare layout and detailed drawings from concept to completion
- Proficiency with engineering and design software (SolidWorks)
- Confer with other departments and prepare design modifications as required
- Analyze and perform/facilitate the maintenance and updating of existing product designs to assure they meet customer requirements
- Communicate with customers and vendors throughout the design process
- Keep pace with design skills for a wide variety of end uses
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and ten plus years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Experience in complex capital equipment in a similar industry (web handling equipment)