Conyers, GA 30012
POSITION TITLE: Counter Sales/Warehouse
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Branch Location
SUPERVISOR: Store manager
Obtain or receive merchandise, total bills, accept payment, and make change for customers in retail store by performing the following duties.
Position is responsible for maintaining Customer Service as per company standard, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash receipt operations and loss prevention in adherence to all Company Policy/Store standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
Pulling and loading orders
Unloading and loading delivery trucks
Answer customer s questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
Calculate sales discount to determine price.
Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
Accept payment and make change.
Balance cash box at end of each shift.
2. Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
3. Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping.
4. Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; ensures re-wraps are done promptly.
Stock shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
Stamp, mark, or tag price on merchandise.
5. Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
6. Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at counter registers.
7. Communicate requests to management.
8. Any other duties as assigned by management.
Previous retail or customer service experience.
Ability to speak effectively with customers.
Must be able to work with minimum amount of supervision under stressful conditions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Fully capable of handling any material needs, solving material problems, and inventory control issues as they arise.
Fully capable of updating computer generated inventories and documents.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as Standard Operation Procedure manual.
Complete working knowledge of how wholesale distribution stores works and knowledge of how Shipping and Receiving works.
Complete knowledge of wholesale distribution Stores documents and Shipping and Receiving documents.
Complete working knowledge of warehouse control, inventory control, and related duties.
Complete knowledge of tools and materials sold. (HVAC Industry)
Complete knowledge of all related skill area machines and equipment used in Stores and Shipping and Receiving.
Essential Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store and warehouse generally weighing 0-50 pounds
2. Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system.
3. Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
4. Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
5. Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and counter area.
6. Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
7. Ability to climb ladders.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent. A minimum of one year store related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above mentioned tasks.