McDonough, GA 30253
McDonough, Ga looking for Wave Planner
- First shift
- Temp to hire
Previews and selects groups of orders into appropriate waves to optimize facility capacity. Works with Wave Planner and Operation Supervisors to help organize and coordinate hourly associates to maximize efficiencies.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Evaluates workload in total for the day, and by function (e.g. special handling, # of picks, receiving, etc.) to level overall facility and departmental capacity.
2. Receives and processes requests from Merchandise Coordinators and Customer Service to expedite, modify or de-release orders.
3. Works with Wave Planner and Operations Supervisors to level workloads between manual and automated environments to satisfy shipping requirements.
4. With Production Plan in hand, meets as needed with Operations Staff to review staffing, equipment utilization and system parameter sets and achieve consensus. Make modifications as required.
5. When required, release customer orders and communicate with appropriate Customer Service personnel to resolve order exceptions.
6. Level workloads between Pallet and Case Picking as well as manual picking.
7. Works with other Assistant Wave Planner and Operation Supervisors to plan and manage both manpower and the physical product to ensure continuous flow of goods and to meet daily distribution requirement in an automated environment.
8. Ensures all billings for automated distributions (post and pre)
9. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness
1. Launches plan; monitor execution of plan to prevent and/or resolve bottlenecks.
Monitors task assignment durations.
2. Creates and ensures processing or emergency picks and floor cuts as required to facilitate continuous flow. Makes in-process wave modifications as required. .When required, process exception: