Zip Code: Houston, TX 77003 | Location: East Downtown Area
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm | Salary: $27 an hour
Do you have financial experience in the HUD field? Want to explore the opportunity to expand your knowledge with an acclaimed agency? ExecuTeam is partnering with a local housing agency in search of an accountant who will be responsible to assist the finance and administrative directors to ensure all financial activities to follow federal, state, and local guidelines. If this is your sign to challenge the way you work, then apply today!
Accountant II’s Responsibilities
- Review agency financial statements monthly, project any anomalies, and prepare a quarterly report
- Record loans and grant revenue in compliance with relevant federal regulations
- Prepare affordable housing RFPs, RFQs, IFBs, etc., and conduct the procurement of services and goods
- Assist with reconciliation of affordable housing accounts and sub-ledgers monthly
- Prepare, enter, review, and approve journal entries
Accountant II’s Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or a related field required
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in financial field required
- Must have knowledge of HUD policies and procedures
- Tax credit reporting knowledge is a plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Work in a public service organization to benefit the greater Houston area
- Opportunity to develop skills and gain more experience
- Located near downtown Houston and surrounded by local restaurants for only the finest food
- During your employment with ExecuTeam Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $27 an hour
Apply today to see how you can use financial and customer service skills to benefit the greater Houston area!
With ExecuTeam Staffing, you are never just a resume. We have been proud to be Houston’s leading employment agency for over 30 years, acting as the trusted partner in your success. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and Temporary positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you seek career advancement or are a recent graduate, our team will give you the respect, care, and attention you deserve. View more open positions at www.executeam.com
ExecuTeam is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers in various industries and positions. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.