The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77054 US
Posted: 05/22/2023 2023-05-22 2023-07-01 Industry: Accounting & Finance Job Number: SC696517323
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77054 | Location: NRG Stadium/Astrodome Area
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8 am - 5 pm | Salary: $28 an hour
Client Company: Harris County’s Community Services Department
Are you looking for a way to apply your accounting skills in a new and exciting environment? Harris County Community Services Department is teaming up with ExecuTeam to seek an Accountant to join their team! As an accountant, you will manage and monitor grant budgets as well as assist in seeking reimbursement of expenditures from the granting agencies. If you are deadline-driven and have demonstrated experience with MS office suite, this position is for you.
- Support staff in general division duties for the multi-family housing development (pre-development, pre-construction, and construction)
- Prepare and process budget transfers and related transactions
- Prepare journal entries
- Perform reconciliations of budgetary and reimbursement request information
- Ensure all accounting transitions are supported with adequate description and documentation
- Track the progress of projects and activities to ensure the accuracy of financial systems and ensure budgets are adhered to
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required
- Experience with Pivot Tables and V-Lookup functions is required
- Understand the publicity-led affordable housing real estate development and community development finance tools
- Knowledgeable of job or project ledger accounting and budgeting and its correlation to the general ledger is highly preferred
- Knowledge of grant requirements with an emphasis on knowledge of 2 CFR 200 and HUD CDBG-DR regulations
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Full-time temporary position, 40 hours per week
- Located near the NRG Stadium area offering free covered parking close to area restaurants and shopping
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- During your employment with ExecuTeam Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $28 an hour
Take your Accounting career to the next level – Apply today!
With ExecuTeam Staffing, you are never just a resume. We have been proud to be Houston’s leading employment agency for over 30 years, acting as the trusted partner in your success. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and Temporary positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you seek career advancement or are a recent graduate, our team will give you the respect, care, and attention you deserve. View more open positions at www.executeam.com
ExecuTeam is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers in various industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.