The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Phenix City, AL 36867 US
Posted: 03/13/2023 2023-03-13 2023-04-21 Industry: Accounting & Finance Job Number: LF679885313
Are you an experienced Accountant? Then we have the position for you! We are looking for a candidate to reconcile bank & general ledger accounts, and prepare journal entries.
The ideal candidate will assists with accounts payable, purchasing, revenue collection, and financial administration functions of the department. This is an opportunity that will allow you to enhance your career while gaining valuable experience. Apply today!
What You Will Do:
- Stays abreast of accounting standards to ensure accounting information is in accordance with GAAP and GASB
- Ensures adequate cash balances by reconciling all bank and investment accounts both accurately and timely each month
- Monitors activity of accounts, researching transactions in order to ensure proper reporting
- Assist with monthly financial reporting
- Assists in accounting and reporting of capital assets
- Assists in maintaining the financial information system (Munis)
- Ensures accurate fund accounting, generating journal entries, and ensuring transactions are posted in the correct fund and to the correct account
- Assists in maintaining accurate financial reporting of grant activity and capital projects
- Assists in researching variances and financial transactions and reporting
- Assists in the preparation of information needed for the annual external audit
What You Need:
- 3 years of accounting or finance experience, preferably in a governmental setting
(extensive experience in relative field preferred)
- Concept of accounting laws and practices and principles
- Purchasing, accounts payable and cash management procedures
- Federal, state and municipal laws and regulations governing finance and purchasing and revenue collection
- Utilize computer skills including software for word-processing, spreadsheet creation and maintenance, database utilization and other specialized accounting and financial software
What’s In It for You:
- Off on the weekends (Work Schedule is Mon-Friday)
- 8:00am-5:00pm, Full-time
- $19.28 per hour
- When you work as an employee through The Reserves Network, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today or you can download our mobile app to receive and accept real-time job notifications.
Call our Columbus office today for an interview! 706-324-1910