Aluminum Welder/MIG Welder
Houston, TX 77095 US
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces for welding together.
- Weld components in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead).
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover welding flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Complete daily paperwork including: equipment tear down reports, inventory reconciliations, equipment repair estimates, and material list outbound and inbound checks.
- Follow directives accurately and efficiently.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor and co-workers.
- Proven experience as welder.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (MIG, TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.).
- Welding, up to ½” steel, aluminum, flat and round.
- Metal preparation (torch, plasma, drill press, band saw, grinders, etc).
- Measuring / assembling.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.).
- Deftness and attention to detail.
- Proficient in English.
- Legal to work in US.
- Pass required drug and background screens.
- Minimum High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-5 years’ experience aluminum welding and fabricating.
What's in it for you:
- $18-22 hourly
- Ability to grow into full time opportunity with beneifts
- When you are an employee through The Reserves Network, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision, as well as 401k, Direct deposit, and our referral bonus program
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster and environment of respect, integrity and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today or you can download our mobile app to receive and accept real-time job notifications. Call our office at (281) 724-4930 with any questions or to schedule an interview. To schedule a phone appointment with a member of our recruiting team CLICK HERE! Or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org