Assistant General Counsel
Houston, TX 77004 US
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, including but not limited to education service, construction, inter-governmental and business contracts.
- Manage the lifecycle of assigned transactions.
- Develop form agreements and best practices.
- Conduct research and render a legal opinion on issues affecting district programs and services.
- Make recommendations to the general counsel to ensure the district’s programs and services follow legislative changes, federal laws, and judicial decisions.
- Render legal advice to the general counsel on prominent issues.
- Provide advice to the staff on various business-related legal issues.
- A Juris Doctorate from an American Bar Association-accredited law school is required.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of related work experience is required.
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
- Temporary position
- The building is in The Greater Third Ward, with close access to various restaurants and shopping centers to enjoy during breaks and lunchtime.
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with no weekends to offer a good work/life balance.
- During employment with The Reserves Network, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!