Houston, TX 77051 US
- Coordinate leaves of absence and process claims or requests (FMLA/CFRA, ADA, workers' compensation etc).
- Approve requests for FMLA and prepare written responses; maintain the FMLA file in accordance with Federal and State laws.
- Experience with COVID protocols.
- Obtain medical certifications and re-certifications in a timely manner.
- Track FMLA time used on a rolling calendar year and coordinate the use of leave time with the payroll process.
- Work with requests for ADA accommodations.
- Ensure proper handling of benefit plans during leaves of absence and partnering with payroll on employee premium repayments.
- Interface with payroll on repayments of premiums and track accordingly.
- Work with management to determine return to work and engage in the interactive process.
- Answering questions employees have about their benefits, specific to leave and disability.
- Communicating with insurance providers to resolve issues.
- Informing employees about changes to the benefits structure.
- Ensuring the company's benefits and leave-of-absence policies comply with the law.
- Keeping up-to-date records of employee benefits profiles.
- Experience with FMLA and disability benefits administration.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Strong computer literacy and previous experience with payroll software.
- Excellent people skills.
- Organized work ethic.
- 2 medical plans, vision and dental. 401K and 4% matching
- Sick Leave
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance
Long Term Disability Short Term Disability