Bus Operator Trainee
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77038 | Location: Greater Greenspoint Area
Employment Type: Direct Hire | Workplace Type: On-site
Schedule: Full Time - 40 hours per week | Salary: $44,000 a year
Are you looking for a new career opportunity in the Houston area? Want to work for a company that offers exciting perks and benefits? A Houston area company is seeking a Bus Operator Trainee to join their team! As a Bus Operator Trainee, you will train in a classroom and on-the-job environment to operate the buses to transport passengers over specified routes to local or distant points according to time schedules, charters, and special services. Get to know Houston more by becoming part of a team to promote public safety awareness. Submit your resume today!
Bus Operator Trainee’s Responsibilities
- Operate company bus to transport passengers safely and courteously over specified routes to local or distant locations following the time schedules and selected services provided by the company
- Collect Bus Operator Supplies (i.e., route signs, defect cards, etc.) before scheduled and unscheduled work assignments.
- Inspect bus equipment, including a wheelchair ramp or lift, and a bus radio system for defects, and make records of any defects on defect cards
- Deposit all temporary route signs, passenger count cards, defect cards, communication devices, schedules, guides, etc.
- Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents
- Complies with ADA requirements when delivering service
Bus Operator Trainee’s Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 1 year of general work experience, which includes driving or direct customer service, is preferred
- Must have a current Texas Driver’s License or must obtain one within two (2) years of hire
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drugs screen and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Work Schedule of 40 hours per week
- Get to know Houston by understanding landmarks, streets, and routes.
- If you are seeking to retrieve or renew your Commercial Driver’s License, the company will help pay for your expenses.
- You can earn an incentive of up to $4,000 after the first six months of working within the company.
- Upon hiring, you can enroll in the company’s comprehensive benefits packages, including competitive pay, flexible work schedules, medical, dental, life, and vision insurance, 401k, educational assistance, PTO, and much more!
Salary: $44,000 a year
Become a part of a team dedicated to promoting public safety awareness – Apply today!
With ExecuTeam Staffing, you are never just a resume. We are proud to be Houston’s leading employment agency for over 30 years, acting as the trusted partner in your success. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and Temporary positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are seeking career advancement or are a recent graduate, our team will give you the respect, care, and attention you deserve. View more open positions at www.executeam.com
ExecuTeam is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers in a variety of industries and positions. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.