When you step into the role of Junior Buyer, you unlock endless possibilities for yourself, our client company, and the community they serve. Your purchasing expertise will strengthen a progressive environment, spearheading the development and evaluation of solicitations and negotiating terms of purchase for a wide range of products and services.
What Matters Most to a Buyer:
- Competitive hourly rate of $20.00
- Interim opportunity: A unique chance to showcase your skills and contribute to the organization's success
- Onsite position: Be at the forefront of change and collaborate with a dedicated team onsite
- The location of building is on the outskirts of Downtown Houston conveniently located next to the MetroRail stations and has close access to various restaurants to enjoy during breaks and lunchtime
Your New Role as a Buyer:
Join an innovative and well-known higher education organization based in Houston, TX as the Junior Buyer. You will coordinate the inclusion of small-business participation, handle complex acquisitions, prepare solicitation, and award documents, including PRC summaries, and maintain a bid calendar of current projects and contracts. With your strong purchasing skills, you will profoundly impact the organization when you prepare supplemental agreements, contract modifications, and change orders.
Buyer Skill and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or GED is required; A bachelor’s degree in business administration, purchasing, or a related field is highly preferred
- 1 year of working experience in purchasing is required
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Especially Excel) is required
- Strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication, and time management skills are required
Your New Organization:
This is an innovative public institution of higher education organization, recognized for offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development, and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in Harris County and surrounding areas.
Join this leadership opportunity and make a lasting impact. Become the Junior Buyer at this esteemed higher education organization. Reserve your path to success with The Reserves Network – apply today. For additional information, call 713-952-6760.
Your Career Partner:
Veteran-founded and family-owned, The Reserves Network specializes in connecting exceptional talent with rewarding opportunities. With our extensive industry experience, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your professional goals and shine in your field. Submit your application for consideration in this and other positions and gain exclusive access to our mobile app for job notifications.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.