CNC Machinist | 3rd Shift (25659)
Dayton, OH 45414 US
- Set up and run machines manually and automatically using good machining, quality, and safety practices
- Set tooling to close tolerances, frequently to less than .001
- Set up, make adjustments, and change tools in the tool conveyor while the machine is in cycle
- Perform all supplementary operations, such as gaging, part loading and unloading, deburring, fixture loading, serializing, etc. during machine cycle as required to provide a finish machined, quality part to assembly
- Set up and use precision measuring equipment such as .0001 indicators, dial or electronic bore gages, Jo Blocks, inside an outside micrometers, depth mics, verniers, etc.
- Assist during prove outs, adjusting feeds, speeds, etc. to establish a program, which will run without operator intervention
- Perform daily weekly, and other scheduled minor preventative maintenance tasks such as filling of lube pots, maintaining coolant supply, grease fittings, run control diagnostics
- Perform mechanical and minor electro-mechanical maintenance within the cell
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on production machines including turning, boring and milling operations using carbide tooling
- At least 2 years on NC or CNC equipment
- Requires a good knowledge and application of shop math including a familiarity with basic trig
- Physical demands including standing at the machine for up to 8-10 hours per day with frequent lifting up to 10 pounds
- Must maintain a clean & safe working environment. High degree of attention is required to prevent injury to others while promoting a safe work environment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
- Company associated with stability, longevity, and commitment to their employee’s satisfaction
- Company offers career development and continuing education opportunities
- Great opportunity to get hands on experience with a well know global supplier
- Comprehensive benefits package starts day 1 of your employment including 11 paid holidays per year and a generous 401K match.