CNC Machinist (28335)
Cedar Park, TX 78613 US
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- ABILITY TO SET UP
- ABILITY TO MEASURE
- ABILITY TO TROUBLESHOOT
- ABILITY TO IDENTIFY TOOLS
- TEAM PLAYER - ABILITY TO WORK WELL WITH OTHERS
- PROFESSIONALISM - HAS RESPECT FOR FELLOW COWORKERS AND MANAGEMENT
PAY RATE TIER:
$20-23PH - 1 TO 3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
$22-25PH - 3 TO 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
$24-27PH - 5+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
MANAGER WOULD LIKE TO INTERVIEW AND HIRE ASAP.
OUR COMPANY Manufacturing facility in Cedar Park, Texas is recruiting a CNC Machinist to safely and efficiently set up and operate a CNC Mill or CNC Lathe. Machines include Okuma CNC Lathes, Mazak CNC Lathes, Mazak Mills, HAAS Mills and Mazak Integrex 5-axis machining centers. This is Temporary Night Shift work.
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or lead, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC machines in a safe, and efficient manner.
- Perform set-up including locating tools and fixtures, defining tools, touching off tools, setting jaws, vices or fixturing.
- Load parts utilizing overhead lifting equipment.
- Operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, and jogging machine.
- Ability to read blueprints, precision measuring instruments and job orders to determine dimensions, tolerance and tooling requirements is preferred.
- Maintain tolerancing through entire run, while performing periodic inspection to be documented on Inspection Sheets.
- Ability to trouble shoot issues during run to return the machine to good operation.?
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Properly deburr and break edges of parts to print.
- Clean work areas as necessary to maintain cleanliness, health, and safety standards.
- All other reasonable tasks assigned with the goal of helping the team, operations, or the facility overall.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all OUR COMPANY and HSE policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
- 5+ years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of math, blueprint comprehension and routers, preferred.
- Moderate knowledge of GD&T.
- Must be able to operate overhead cranes.
- Knowledge of the proper use of metrology equipment, tools/gauges and cutting tools is preferred.