Omaha, NE 68110 US
The Reserves Network is partnering with a local studio in there search for a dedicated carpenter to join their team.
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
Pay: $40,000-45,000 based on experience
Position Title: Exhibit Fabricator/Carpenter
Reports to: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Full time
- Required: HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Required: Valid Driver’s License, Reliable Vehicle, Current Co-Insurance
- Preffered: DOT Medical Card
- Finish carpenter 1 year (preferred)
- Cabinet production 1 year (preferred)
- Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities
- Ability to read and translate shop drawings to get the best yield from materials for project
- Knowledgeable on proper use of tools and equipment used in a shop setting
- Knowledgeable on general safety procedures and P.P.E used in a shop setting
- Ability to lift loads up to 50lbs
- Proper use of ratchet straps and blocking to secure loads during transport
● Preferred Skills
- Cabinetry fabrication and installation
- Plastic Laminate
- Custom woodworking
- Responsible for building, finishing, and/or repairing fixtures based on shops from the Draftsman and Porject Managers
- Working with different types of materials including Lumber, Metal, Plastics, Fabrics, etc.
- Maintaining Tools and Equipment in good working conditions. Any tools that require maintenance or replacement, must be tagged and placed in the bins opposite the time clock. The best option will then be decided between the procurement specialist and project managers.
- Making sure to follow all general safety procedures, as well as making sure to be using the proper personal protective equipment as provided by HSS
- Installation of finished product at jobsite
- Maintaining professional and courteous attitude during shop visits and when on jobsite.
- Working off CAD drawings/Sketches
- Maintaining a clean and organized work bench, as well as helping to maintain a well organized shop
- Make sure the procurement specialist is aware of supplies needing to be replaced when they are running low, making sure the shop is never out at the time of request.
- Emptying waste bins and dust collectors as needed into the dumpster outside to ensure/prevent causing any hazards in the shop
- Proper unloading and storage of materials delivered/picked up from vendors
- Proper loading/securing of finished projects to be sent to jobsites for install. This includes full trailer truckloads, small box truck loads, and LTL Shipping.
- Return & Storage of Tools and Equipment from jobsites in an appropriate/timely fashion
- All vehicles to be pulled in at the end of the workday
- At the end of the work day making sure all doors are locked, lights are off, compressor valve is closed and breaker box is off (The compressor is drained at the end of the work week)
- Other duties as assigned by Operations/Project/Office Managers
Measure of Performance
Carpenter will be preforming satisfactorily when:
- Assigned projects are completed on time, on budget, and to the satisfaction of supervisor
- Hours not limited to 8am-5pm, Some weekend hours may be required
- Work in a shop environment
- Some travel may be required
Other Job Criteria:
- Maintaining cooperative working relationships with supervisors and other staff members
- Reporting on time and performing a full day of work
- Notification of late arrival or early departure to Operations & Office Manager
- Always providing proper notification and advance notice of absence
- Reporting & Completion of time sheets in appropriate manner (end of work day)
- Budgeting time to be cost effective
- Consistently showing ability to recognize and deal with priorities
- Assuming responsibility for staying informed about company policy and procedure
- Maintaining well groomed, professional appearance for appropriate for offsite work
Benefits in a Card: 3 medical plans, dental and vision
Additional benefits such as: group accident, critical illness w/ cancer benefits, short-term disability, behavioral health, term life, and identity theft
Weekly pay via direct deposit or pay card
Loyalty Bonus: earn $400 for every 600 hours worked
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today or you can download our mobile app to receive and accept real-time job notifications.