Chief Engineer - Sensors
Branford, CT 06405 US
- Manage a team of engineers, technicians, and consultants and provide coaching, feedback, supervision, and direction.
- Lead and own the New Product Development (NPD) process through all development stages as required with minimal supervision.
- Provides innovative ideas to create new concepts and commercialized products.
- Supports the delivery of high-quality products to the production team via the Production Readiness process with a cross-functional, collaborative mindset.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain team to ensure the timely procurement of materials and adequately timed execution of work orders to maintain proper on-time product delivery throughout the NPD phase.
- Supports the Sales Team in customer visits and proposal generation to support new business opportunities and develop new products.
- Successfully completed environmental and EMI qualification test procedures to rigorous aerospace standards (DO-160, MIL-STD-810). Knowledge of DO-254 and DO-178 is a plus.
- B.Eng. or B.Sc. Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Must have project management experience.
- Must have been team lead or Project Manager for new product design or development.
- Aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) cable harness and sensors knowledge a plus.
- Prefer prior people-management experience (directly supervising or managing employees)
- Well-versed in general mechanical, electrical, and software systems used in operating aviation sensor products or manufacturing,
- Must be fluent in solid modeling and related analysis software.
- Understanding of mass production challenges and design philosophies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong people skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and exceptional time management
- Able to work independently and accept responsibility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Creative problem-solving and strong analytical skills.