The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Opelika, AL 36801 US
Posted: 01/11/2023 2023-01-11 2023-04-29 Industry: Accounting & Finance Job Number: MH815684111
Director of Planning and Economic Development
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this C-Level Management position is responsible for the overall management of the Planning and Economic Development, (PED), Department as well as development, planning and performance of PED.
- Supervises PED staff in all program planning, implementation, marketing, records management and metrics reporting. Directs and manages all PED programs.
- Serves on local planning and economic development committees and organizations.
- Identifies projects and conducts research on technical issues and funding; assists clients and other internal department heads, related to grant sources and application preparation; seeks supplemental sources of funding for PED programs.
- Determines work and designs jobs; determines reporting relationships and chain of command; develops organizational chart; delegates authority and assigns responsibilities to lead, professional and clerical personnel; and makes modifications as needed to accomplish mission.
- Develops job descriptions and performs updates; reviews applicant material/resumes, conducts interviews of candidates with personnel management committee, and makes hiring recommendation.
- Attends professional conferences, workshops, and seminars; and maintains knowledge of developments in field and regulatory environment.
Must have a bachelor's degree in transportation or closely related field with additional training in budgeting, financial planning, and human resource management. Or have equivalent combination of training and experience providing the knowledge, skills, and background to perform the responsibilities of the job. Five years' experience in transit operations and including supervisory experience. Must have strong managerial, administrative, and organizational skills.
What is in it for you
- The ability enjoy a highly visible public presence and to provide a public service and interaction with community leaders and citizens.
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today or you can download our mobile app to receive and accept real-time job notifications.
The Reserves Network has launched a new mobile app, ReserveAJob, that makes it easier for you to receive and accept real-time job notifications, as well as track work schedules right from your mobile phone! For more information and ways to download the app visit https://rb.gy/fsuhzv
Please call our office at 334-705-7041 if you have questions.