The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77036 US
Posted: 03/13/2023 2023-03-13 2023-04-20 Industry: Medical Assistant Job Number: OG983751310
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77036 | Location: Southwest Houston
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $22 an hour
Client Company: City of Houston’s Health and Human Services
The City of Houston’s Health and Human Services department is teaming up with Team1Medical to seek a Clinic Assistant to join their team! As the Clinic Assistant, you will perform various duties to record patients’ vitals, send specimens to the laboratory for testing, and administer vaccinations and medications. If you have Medical Assistant experience and want to work close to home, submit your application today to see what opportunities are open for you!
Clinic Assistant’s Responsibilities
- Obtain and record the vitals of patients
- Collect and label urine and blood samples
- Perform tests and send specimens to the laboratory for analysis
- Maintain records of all transactions
- Verify, review, and enter patient medical history and record patients’ diseases, operations, immunizations, and other important information in electronic health records and databases.
- Administer and distribute medications and immunizations through company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Clinic Assistant’s Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Completion of a standardized program of Medical Assistant training required
- A minimum of 6 months of related experience in a medical clinic, hospital, or health care facility are required.
- Basic CPR Certification required
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. of materials such as typewriters and record boxes
- Must have a Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, with no weekends!
- Help to improve the health of area citizens in your community
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- As part of the onboarding process, your immunization records will be verified, and immunizations will be administered for any outdated boosters on your first day of employment
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $22 an hour
Today is the day to seize this opportunity to utilize your medical experience and work close to home - Apply today!
Team1Medical is one of Houston, TX's most trusted medical staffing agencies. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.