The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Community Involvement Coordinator
Houston, TX 77087 US
Posted: 02/24/2023 2023-02-24 2023-04-21 Industry: Clerical/Office Job Number: AW686034110
Community Involvement Coordinator
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77087 | Location: Golfcrest Area
Employment Type: Part-time | Workplace Type: On-site
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 am – 5 pm | Salary: $30 an hour
Client Company: City of Houston’s Health & Human Services
ExecuTeam is partnering with the City of Houston’s Health & Human Services Department in their search for a Community Involvement Coordinator to join their team. You will develop and implement strategies to spread awareness about tobacco control and health concerns towards the LGBTQ+ Community. Here is an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a dynamic team to serve others in the community. If you have a passion for awareness about important issues and can multitask - Apply today!
Community Involvement Coordinator’s Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison for the department, community civic clubs, and cultural organizations to promote and coordinate department programs
- Develop outreach strategies to address tobacco control among the LGBTQ+ Community
- Provide training to partners, stakeholders, and community groups
- Promote department programs among various groups
- Perform office administration duties such as filing, scanning, and maintaining documents
Community Involvement Coordinator’s Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Business Administration is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of developing and coordinating community programs experience is required.
- Must have experience working with the LGBTQ+ community is required
- Knowledge of tobacco prevention strategies and coalition development is preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Free parking is included!
- Work Schedule of 25 hours per week, 5 hours per day
- Opportunity to develop skills and gain more experience.
- The building is in the Golfcrest area, with close access to authentic Tex-Mex food and shopping outlets.
- During your employment with ExecuTeam Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $30 an hour
If you want to take the opportunity to spread public health awareness about important issues in the community, submit your resume today!
With ExecuTeam Staffing, you are never just a resume. We have been proud to be Houston’s leading employment agency for over 30 years, acting as the trusted partner in your success. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and Temporary positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you seek career advancement or are a recent graduate, our team will give you the respect, care, and attention you deserve. View more open positions at www.executeam.com
ExecuTeam is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers in various industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.