The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77054 US
Posted: 05/04/2023 2023-05-04 2023-07-03 Industry: Allied Healthcare Job Number: OG52719746
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77054 | Location: NRG Stadium/Astrodome Area
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm | Salary: $25 an hour
Client Company: City of Houston’s Health and Human Services
Do you have experience working as a Counselor? Do you want the opportunity to take your career to the next level? The City of Houston’s Health and Human Services department is partnering with Team1Medical Staffing to seek a Counselor to join the team! Take this opportunity to utilize your counseling skills and assist the City of Houston by interviewing patients, evaluating data, and sending referrals for older adults. If you have experience as a Counselor and want to excel in your career, submit your resume today!
- Coordinate services for older adults, which includes assessing
- Interview, screen, and assess applicants’ eligibility for the program participation
- Provide intervention counseling, evaluate needs and concerns, and request referrals to appropriate community service and counseling organizations
- Counsel crime victims and or family members
- Maintain and expand relations with the social services community to ensure clients’ needs are clients in clinical treatment and self-help groups
- organize and maintain records of committee meetings
- Produce special reports from project files and data
- Prepare and deliver educational presentations for training and generate community interest and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Social or Behavioral Science i.e., Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling, is required; a Master’s degree in a social or behavioral science is highly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in counseling or related social services work is required.
- Social Services background and efficient computer skills are required
- Must have a Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drugs screen and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Help to improve the health of area citizens in your community
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- As part of the onboarding process, your immunization records will be verified, and immunizations will be administered for any outdated boosters on your first day of employment
- Located near the NRG Stadium area offering free covered parking close to area restaurants and shopping
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $25 an hour
If you have a passion to provide aid for the community by utilizing your counseling experience and want to work close to home, apply today!
Team1Medical is one of Houston, TX's most trusted medical staffing agencies. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.