Des Moines, IA 50309 US
Database Administrator needed to fill a new position for a well-respected client headquartered in Des Moines, IA. Apply today to take advantage of this unique and exciting opportunity!
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY?
- Be directly hired by our client
- Client offers hybrid work schedule after initial onboarding and training
- $100000 - $115000 / year with some flexibility based on skills and experience
- Our client has a yearly bonus structure, including this role
DO YOU ALIGN WITH THESE KEY QUALIFICATIONS?
- Education and experience: Hold a four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Possess at least 6+ years of experience managing a database environment utilizing Microsoft SQL Server, with proven success in a highly available and complex database environment.
- Database management skills: Proficient in database modeling tools, database design, high availability, log shipping, replication, and mirroring. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server tools such as SSIS, SSMS, and SSRS. Familiarity with Power BI, Veeam, VisualCron, and Red Gate SQL Tools.
- Regulatory knowledge: Prior understanding of banking/financial institution regulatory requirements is helpful in ensuring compliance within the database environment.
- Strong documentation and project management: Thoroughly document database environments, applications, and reports. Demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, effectively manage deliverables and expectations, and provide superior customer service.
- Continuous improvement mindset: Stay updated on data management tools, reporting tools, software languages, and best practices, aiming for highly efficient deliverables that meet project requirements.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Database installation and maintenance: Install and maintain highly available internal and external relational database environments, ensuring they meet business needs. Create, monitor, and maintain backups, maintenance plans, and indexes to optimize performance and ensure high availability.
- Monitoring and optimization: Monitor database server utilization, including CPU, memory, and storage, to ensure efficient resource usage. Adhere to change control processes and document all database environments, applications, and reports.
- Project involvement and customer service: Work on multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to SDLC practices for analysis, design, testing, and rollout of new/modified applications. Provide superior customer service to employees across multiple locations.
- Tool and policy management: Provide input on data management tools, reporting tools, software languages, and best practices. Assist in the development and maintenance of IT policies and standards.
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
Gain access to the TRN Team:
- Partnership with experienced recruiters that will advise you on all aspects of your job search and career aspirations
- Our network has direct access to hiring managers and we will get your resume to the top of the pile of submissions for this opportunity and many more like this
- Long-term career partner who will provide you with market intelligence and guidance
Industry competitive salary based on your experience/qualifications
Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
PTO & Much more!
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
If you have a background that lines up well with the Database Administrator description and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, apply below NOW!
Studies have shown that people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At TRN we strive to provide the best experience and opportunities for everyone, so if you are excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this or other available roles we have.