The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77051 US
Posted: 05/31/2023 2023-05-31 2023-07-01 Industry: Information Technology Job Number: TP393993524
Database Administrator DBA [Direct Hire]
$80,000 - $115,000 | Holmes Road
Monday - Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Due to growth and expansion, we are seeking a mid-to-senior-level Database Administrator (DBA) who will take on the role of designing, developing, and maintaining high-quality data solutions for a leading pipe and valve company located near Holmes Road. To be successful, the DBA must have an analytical mindset with the ability to solve interesting/complex problems using technical skills, experience, and expertise to assist with technical data solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to actively contribute to the development cycle that will take your technical experience to new heights. Candidates with a proven track record of maintaining systems and DBA projects and 5+ years of solid SQL or Progress database experience will be considered.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical assistance, analyze databases, indexes, and queries
- Actively develop lifecycles including architecture, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Install, configure, and maintain databases in (cloud/onsite) Linux and Windows
- Maintain structured database security and review capacity and system resource evaluations
- Estimate and process improvements in an Agile environment
- Enhance existing features, fix bugs, upgrade software, assist with data architecture, and query
- Collaborate with application and management teams to ensure projects comply with standards and meet expectations.
- Create and maintain documentation to ensure manageability and supportability.
- Maintain scripts for the automation of routine tasks
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology
- Must have a proven track record of maintaining systems and DBA projects
- 5+ years of solid SQL or Progress database experience
- Experience with database schema and query creation
- Jira and/or Asana, MS Windows clusters, and SQL Server Always On Availability Groups
- Five (5) + Windows Server Administration experience
- Linux Server Administration experience is a plus
- Experience with Azure SQL and database services is a plus
- Five (5) + years of MongoDB, or CouchDB, experience is a plus
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and high availability
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models
- Excellent time management, interpersonal skills, and understanding of priorities
Benefits To Enjoy: Enjoy:
- Excellent Compensation
- Direct Hire Opportunity
- 2 Medical Plans, Vision And Dental. 401k And 4% Matching
- 2 Medical Plans, Vision And Dental
- 401k + 4% Matching
- HSA, PTO, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability
- Excel With A Growing Valve Company
- Family-Owned Company Since 1908 + 4th Generation Company
- Enjoy A Low-Key, Non-Corporate Environment
- Tenured Staff With Opportunities For Advancement Within An Expanding Organization
- President Welcomes Communication By Providing An Open-Door Policy
If you have the passion and expertise to present technical concepts to non-technical audiences and strive to always excel and do your best, apply today! This team looks forward to you joining them.
About The Reserves Network
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However, you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.
The Reserves Network and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.