The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Director of Construction
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701 US
Posted: 05/19/2023 2023-05-19 2023-06-26 Industry: Professional Job Number: SC408056427
Director of Construction
The Reserves Network is currently hiring a Director of Construction for a design build construction company located in downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the Director of Construction, you will provide leadership, management, and oversight to the company’s entire construction and design program. Lead the construction and design team to achieve excellence and on time and on budget completion for all construction projects.
What a typical day will look like:
- Manage and supervise project management team.
- Effectively establish priorities and determine resource allocation for the effective and efficient delivery of multiple projects.
- Develop systems, processes, and techniques to build efficiently, effectively, and timely.
- Track and control the construction schedules and the associated costs to achieve project completion within the budget and according to the schedule.
- Review progress reports, check on reported difficulties, and correct any safety violations or other project management deficiencies.
- Effectively handle all challenges connected to projects and do whatever is needed to meet project and company objectives.
- Juggle multiple issues simultaneously and with diverse competing priorities.
- Resolve personnel issues fast and communicate job assignments effectively while dealing with a variety of workers from various backgrounds.
What You Need:
- 10+ years of practical experience in multifamily construction management with progressive promotion to leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Civil Engineering, construction, or building science.
- Prior experience in multifamily condominium and apartment projects.
- Active Florida Certified General Contractors License.
- Knowledge of building materials and construction methods.
- Ability to interpret applicable building codes, local ordinances, and regulatory agencies.
- Experience in handling personnel and subcontractors on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure with a strong sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of construction related software (ie BuilderTrend)
What is in It for You
- Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm
- Salary plus bonuses based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and PTO available
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today or you can download our mobile app to receive and accept real-time job notifications.