Director of Investment Accounting
Des Moines, Iowa 50047 US
- You have the flexibility to work either in a hybrid (preferred) or remote setup based on your proximity to an office location.
- Newly created role leading a small team of 6 – make it your own with your Leadership.
- Be part of a company offering financial services, including individual life and disability insurance, employee benefits, retirement planning, investments, and wealth management.
- Direct Hire with competitive base salary, $150,000 plus, and Bonus reflecting your leadership and expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7-10 years of experience in investment accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and broader accounting, including GAAP and statutory requirements.
- 4 + years of management and people leadership experience required.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other finance-related certification is desired.
- Microsoft Office skills and experience with PFI/PAM, Precision, and Oracle is preferred.
- Manage and provide direction for the investment accounting function, including GAAP and statutory accounting and reporting for all asset classes within the organization.
- Ensure accurate month-end, quarter-end, and annual reporting of investment-related balances.
- Establish and maintain external relationships with auditors, vendors, and business partners, leveraging them to ensure service continuity.
- Develop a continuous process improvement strategy that includes automation and the implementation of new technology, processes, and reporting while strengthening controls over investment accounting.
- Assist management in developing key business indicators, metrics, analytic reports, and investment-related strategies, and communicate these to business leaders and partners.
- Keep abreast of financial reporting and regulatory developments related to investment accounting, facilitating compliance with regulations that can impact the company.
Gain access to The Reserves Network Team:
- Partnership with experienced recruiters that will advise you on all aspects of your job search and career aspirations
- Direct access to key Leadership. Your information will reach the decision-makers for this opportunity and many more like this
- Long-term career partner who will provide you with market intelligence and guidance
- Industry competitive salary based on your experience/qualifications
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan