The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Director of Logistics and Distribution
Danbury, CT 06810 US
Posted: 02/28/2023 2023-02-28 2023-04-20 Job Number: MG881052110
Director of Logistics & Distribution
Location: Danbury, CT
Salary: $150,000/year - $160,000/year + 19% bonus
DEPARTMENT/ POSITION SUMMARY:
A top leader in the manufacturing industry is seeking a Director of Logistics & Distribution, who will be responsible for planning and managing logistics for all routing of inbound materials, and outbound systems, managing 3PL service providers, cost, productivity, and inventory accuracy.
- Manage, crease, and improve processes and procedures in these areas, with the end goal of reducing errors and providing consistent, high-quality customer service.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency
- Maintain processes and ensure SOPs are clear and adequately implemented, to set clear performance expectations for the team.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Manage supplier relationships including pricing, master services agreements, KPI as well as daily optimization coordination of order cycle.
- Develops and implements KPIs related to distribution functions and proactively manages the department to deliver results that accomplish planned objectives and drive positive performance.
- Managing 3PL service providers including service parts order fulfillment centers.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations Management or related Logistics field.
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, a strong sense of urgency to solve multiple complex issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and escalate potential risks proactively.
- Must have the ability to communicate and present complex information through data, clearly and concisely, across all levels of management.
- High energy, team player with strong collaboration skills who can build relationships and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments and divisions supporting a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft D365 a plus.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.