Join the only Level II Trauma Center in Western Nebraska as a Director of Perioperative Services.
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THIS THIS OPPORTUNITY?
• Region’s only tertiary referral medical center offering care that spans more than 32 medical specialties provided by over 28 physician clinics
• Great Benefits
• Excellent school system, great hunting and fishing, and a wonderful place to raise a family
• Retail hub of western Nebraska and eastern Wyoming offering abundant lodging, dining and shopping experiences
DO YOU ALIGN WITH THESE KEY QUALIFICATIONS?
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; MBA or Master's in Health Care Administration is preferred.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nebraska without restriction is required or must obtain Nebraska license within 90 days if residing in Nebraska; if residing outside of Nebraska, a compact state license with no restrictions is required
• Experience in running both inpatient and ambulatory Perioperative Services is required. Experience in oversite of an Ambulatory Surgery Center is preferred
• American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
• ACLS required within 6 months of start
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Demonstrates personal accountability for fostering positive team attitude and cohesiveness. Demonstrates a diplomatic style and is able to work in harmony with physicians, staff and other departments.
• Ensures open format of communications with staff and physicians encouraging participation by both staff and physicians in departmental communications.
• Effectively provides direction and policy interpretation to department members overseeing their areas of responsibility; addresses special operational and administrative concerns.
• Directs and completes special projects in a timely manner.
• Maintains professional growth.
• Participates in administrative and other meetings as required.
• Direct and manage administrative and financial functions and patient care activities of assigned departments while staying within budgetary allocations.
• Develop and monitor operational, capital and staffing budgets providing regular updates to physicians and staff.
• Works with the CNO, Medical Director, ancillary departments and support services to establish and conform to the operating budget.
• Ensure timely preparation and evaluation of reports, payroll records and other statistical data.
• Ensures satisfactory relationships with Medical Director and Medical Staff including clear and concise communication regarding Perioperative Services and hospital issues.
• Interacts and participates with the Medical Director, unit managers of Perioperative Services departments to accomplish the goals of the organization as a whole.
• Responsible for overseeing both short and long term planning in all aspects of management, including personnel.
• Responsible for ensuring completion of personnel evaluations, job descriptions, policies and procedures for Perioperative Services.
• Responsible for the general supervision of departmental personnel records and verification of documentation of current activity, licensure and certification.
• Ensures that Perioperative Service lines are compliant with the recommended standards of the governing bodies (i.e. AORN, ASPAN, and AAMI)
• Develops comprehensive quality performance improvement plan with Medical Director and staff input; communicates the improvement strategies to staff. Performance measure outcomes are reported to Medical Director, CNO and all staff.
• Responsible for preliminary screening of incident reports and quality improvement forms and ensuring follow through.
• Responsible for maintaining current version of all manuals, policies and procedures and conducts reviews of such in the appropriate time frames.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
If you have a background that lines up well with the Accreditation and Regulatory Program Manager description and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, apply below NOW!