Donation Coordinator II
Tampa, FL 33619 US
- Identify the legal next of kin per state statute, complete the approach process to communicate donation opportunities, conduct the medical and social history interview, and complete the authorization or donor disclosure process.
- Perform a detailed donor evaluation following policies and procedures to determine medical suitability based on established criteria, gather pertinent information to coordinate the donation process, and bring about a successful authorization or donor disclosure for the recovery of tissues.
- Interact with referring institution or hospital, medical examiner or coroner, and funeral home personnel to complete the tissue donation screening process.
- Complete timely and appropriate documentation of all processes following established procedures.
- Routinely review tissue referral activity reports for data entry accuracy.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in medical billing, coding, paramedic/EMT, or LPN is required.
- Working experience in a related tissue banking position or appropriate experience in a medical environment or social services field is highly recommended.
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication, time management, and organizational skills are required; must be comfortable communicating with grieving family members.
- The ability to lift to 25 lbs. is required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, with some weekends and holidays. *Special circumstances may require additional hours.
- The location of the building is immediately of Selmon Expressway and Highway 301, with close access to the Brandon Mall, various shopping outlets, and restaurants to enjoy during breaks and lunchtime.
- You can apply for the organization’s benefits package, which includes PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, and more!