Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
Omaha, NE 68144 US
- Competitive pay starting at $70,000-$80,000 based on experience
- On-site position located in the Omaha, NE area.
- Schedule: 1st shift
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a 401K plan
- Manages compliance with corporate food safety, quality assurance, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Coordinates development and adherence to food safety, quality assurance, and regulatory policies.
- Serves primary point of contact for vendor databases which are related to food safety, quality and regulatory issues, Foreign Supplier Verification Program (as needed), supplier certifications, audit reports, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that the product specification programs are current and that specifications accurately represent products.
- Collaborates with internal marketing and creative staff, customers, and contractors with label development to ensure the accuracy and legality of finished product labels.
- Supports internal customers e.g., Sales and Supply Chain teammates with general inquiries, specifications, requests for proposals, etc.
- Serves as the corporate Recall Coordinator.
- University degree (minimum B.A. /B. S.) in Food Science or related field with 5-10 years of food industry experience.
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) certification strongly preferred.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certified.
- Fundamental knowledge of Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSI), a plus
- Experience with diverse products as well as managing quality and food safety requirements for multiple manufacturers, a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed.