Savannah, GA 31408
The Reserves Network is currently seeking a Security Guard for a large food manufacturing company in the Greater Savannah Area.
Primarily responsible for controlling entry through the front entrance gate and monitoring welfare of site.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities include opening and closing gate for visitors with indoor remote control
- Make regular rounds on the property to ensure all is secure and in good condition. Document any findings.
- Pick up cigarette butts and trash at the smoking area and parking lot.
- Ensure personal hygiene is appropriate and professional.
- Ensuring cleanliness of guardhouse, grounds around entrance and employee parking areas.
- Immediately report to Human Resources or an appropriate member of management anything of suspicious appearance.
- Assist plant management in emergency procedures due to weather, catastrophes or threats.
- Keeping track of visitors by documentation. Log the visitor in and issue them a parking pass after verifying the visitor s ID. Log the visitor out upon their leaving, retrieving the visitor s parking pass.
- Making phone calls to Human Resources office when necessary.
- Raise and lower the flag daily and during inclement weather Identify loads being transported by incoming trucks to deem appropriate and notify receiving, prior to allowing them to enter the property.
- Ensure compliance with SQF Site Food Defense Protocol.
- Distribute paychecks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or GED with experience in related field preferred in a high volume manufacturing. Demonstrated experience and strong commitment to meeting internal customer requirements and continuous improvement objectives.
Language: Ability to read and interpret documents and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from personnel inside the company.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited direction exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or other form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communication skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, organize, and prioritize workload, excellent internal customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform assigned duties the following will occur: Standing on ones feet for long periods of time, walking, and lifting. The employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Safety and Potential Job Hazards:
Slips, trips and falls; Cuts, lacerations, pinches; Amputations; Electrical shock; Strains; Flying debris; Kickbacks from machines. All safety gear must be properly worn and all safety rules must be followed to assist in avoiding the above potential injuries. Failure to comply will result in disciplinary action.
Office located in guard house. May require periods of time standing outside in inclement weather. Security runs 24 hours 7 days a week and includes holidays, which is split into 3 shifts.