Plano, TX 75074 US
Grinder / Polisher
Pay Rate: $21 / hour
Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
Location: Plano, TX
World-wide electronics manufacturing company in the Plano, TX area is looking for an experienced Grinder/Polisher to join their team. This is a long-term contract opportunity.
- Finish or polish Metal parts using a variety of stationary and portable grinders, files, buffing wheels and sanders.
- Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, face shields, gloves, hardhat, dust masks etc.
- Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Frequent standing, bending, walking, kneeling, squatting, and twisting.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Assemble items as instructed by department supervisor.
- Keep work area clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities by 5S.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Work with your department team to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 to 3 years of grinding polishing experience.
- Understanding of metallurgy
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to grind in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings (blueprints)
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield,
- gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance
- Weekly pay periods
- Direct Deposit offered
- Monday thru Friday work schedule – Relax on weekends
Resource Staffing is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1989, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions throughout the great state of Texas.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.