A HIM Director is needed to fill a new position for an exceptional critical access hospital headquartered in a beautiful community in North Central Kansas. Apply today to take advantage of this unique and exciting opportunity!
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THE HIM DIRECTOR ROLE?
• Beautiful community is situated on rolling hills overlooking the Saline River
• In addition to the excellent school system, there are various recreation opportunities available including city park, a swimming pool, ballfields, tennis courts, and playgrounds, golf course, as well as some fine old stone facilities
• Small close-knit community
• Great benefits!
DO YOU ALIGN WITH THESE KEY QUALIFICATIONS?
• Bachelors degree required; Bachelors degree in Health Information Management preferred
• 3 years experience in Health Information Management’ Experience ins healthcare environment preferred
• Knowledge in Electronic Health Information systems and applications.
• Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) required upon hire.
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS HIM DIRECTOR?
• Supervise, hire, and train staff tasked with performing the medical records services function.
• Submit weekly and monthly reports to various organizations in accordance with state and federal regulations.
• Ensures compliance with federal and state laws, our company and other applicable regulations related to Medical Records and reporting requirements.
• Processes and manages admission and discharge records.
• Ensures HIM operations are executed in an effective and efficient manner to perform within established budget.
• Oversees maintenance, care and security of all medical records
• Compiles daily, monthly, and yearly statistics and reviews charts for completeness.
• Serves as facility-based Privacy Officer; implements all HIPAA-related programs and processes.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
If you have a background that lines up well with the HIM Director description and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, apply below NOW!