Infection Control Practitioner
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77401 | Location: South Galleria Area
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Billing Services | Salary: $53 an hour
A Houston-based healthcare organization is pursuing an Infection Control Practitioner to identify target populations, determine risk factors, and design prevention and control strategies. If you aim for a position with an accredited healthcare organization that values the community’s public health, this position is for you. Submit your resume today!
Infection Control Practitioner’s Responsibilities
- Collect and compile surveillance data and integrate regulatory requirements.
- Identify and classify events, indicators/measures, and outcomes.
- Report epidemiologically significant findings to key stakeholders.
- Ensure requirements for communicable disease reporting are met by a specific deadline.
- Conduct outbreak investigations; Organize and share findings from surveillance activities and outbreak investigations.
- Incorporate information technology and systems applications into the analysis and dissemination of data.
Infection Control Practitioner’s Qualifications
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of Infection Prevention and Control experience is required; Experience working in a large academic hospital is highly recommended.
- NHSN Reporting, HAI surveillance, Isolation Management, and environmental care experience are required.
- Essential knowledge of utilizing device audits and EPIC Bugsy is highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management, and interpersonal skills are highly preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and criminal background checks.
Company Culture & Perks
- Work for an accredited healthcare institution to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
- Improve the health of those most in need in the Houston area through quality care delivery, coordination of care, and education.
- During employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $53 an hour
Take this opportunity to work with one of Houston’s most prominent healthcare organizations to promote public health in the community - Apply today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in the United States. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical, A Reserves Network Company, is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.
Be sure to click on the link and apply for this opportunity today. For more information or questions, call our office at 713-590-2980.