Inpatient Coding Specialist with 5+ years of inpatient coding experience needed to fill an open position for a well-respected client. Apply today to take advantage of this unique and exciting opportunity!
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY?
• Direct Hire
• Business hours Monday – Friday
• HOURLY PAY RATE $26/hr - $37/hr based on skills and experience
DO YOU ALIGN WITH THESE KEY QUALIFICATIONS?
• Minimum of 5 years of previous inpatient coding experience required
• Previous experience in an acute care facility and/or Level II Trauma Center coding
• AAPC or AHIMA coding certification required (excluded apprenticeship classification)
• Ability to accurately code all discharge departments
• Previous experience in one or more of these specialty areas including but not limited to: Recurring Wound Care, Recurring Infusion, Home Health, Hospice, Inpatient Rehab or Interventional Radiology required
WHAT WILL YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
As an Inpatient Coding Specialist, you will accurately assign ICD-10-CM diagnostic codes by proficiently translating diagnostic statements, physician orders, and other pertinent documentation ultimately leading to coding accuracy and abstracting of pertinent data elements from documentation provided to report and code for reimbursement.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Provide intermediate clinical inpatient support through the HIM Department and work in conjunction with HIM leadership to complete all applicable coding assignments for inpatient admissions from various discharge departments including but not limited to: Postpartum, Newborn, Newborn NICU, Cardiac ICU, Ortho, Nephrology, and Neurosciences
• Adhere to CMS’ official guidelines for coding and reporting
• When documentation or a valid order is incomplete, vague, ambiguous, or missing it is the responsibility of incumbent to work in conjunction with HIM staff to utilize the appropriate physician clarification process to obtain additional information
• Interpret and apply American Hospital Association (AHA) Official Coding Guidelines to articulate and support appropriate principal, secondary diagnoses, and procedures
• Additional duties as defined in job description
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
Gain access to the TRN Staffing Team:
• Partnership with experienced recruiters that will advise you on all aspects of your job search and career aspirations
• Our network has direct access to hiring managers and we will get your resume to the top of the pile of submissions for this opportunity and many more like this
• Long-term career partner who will provide you with market intelligence and guidance
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
If you have a background that lines up well with the Inpatient Coding Specialist description and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, apply below NOW!
Studies have shown that people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At The Reserves Network we strive to provide the best experience and opportunities for everyone, so if you are excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this or other available roles we have.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.