The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Legal Data & Knowledge Management Assistant
Houston, TX 77006 US
Posted: 03/14/2023 2023-03-14 2023-04-21 Industry: Clerical/Office Job Number: KH61124220
Legal Data & Knowledge Management Assistant for Unaccompanied Children’s Program Nonprofit
$22/hr. | Louisiana Street
Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Legal Data & Knowledge Management Assistant to assist the Unaccompanied Children’s Program for a Nonprofit organization. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity near downtown Houston. The Legal Data & Knowledge Management, Assistant (Unaccompanied Children’s Program) is responsible for assisting with overseeing and implementing data, reporting, legal knowledge and resources and legal case management processes and procedures for the Unaccompanied Children’s Program including children in shelter and subsequent reunification, transfer, and referrals; released representation data and case management in all databases and multiple reporting modalities. You may also assist with “Know Your Rights” presentations and legal screenings for detained unaccompanied minors in the shelters.
Important: All applicants must complete the assessment. Please click on the link to begin.
- This is an invitation from Resource Staffing to take our assessments
- Please visit the following link: https://es.eskill.com/es/quiz?testId=430d6100a1cb5e2d
- The assessment will begin only after you've logged in and read the instructions.
- Before you begin the assessment, please verify your settings by clicking on the "Check Your System Settings" button on the assessment Login page.
What You Will Do in This Role:
- Assist the Legal Data & Knowledge Manager, Managers and Directors with implementing data collection, case management, legal information storage, procedures and processes, and documentation
- Process documentation and training for all data and case management procedures and ensure implementation
- Work and assist the attorneys by overseeing data and reporting documentation, client intakes and follow-up meetings; draft correspondence, petitions and affidavits
- Ensure maintenance and update of client case files and case management databases
- Collect, analyze, and review data processes and requirements from legal data and case management systems including Sharepoint, Teams, Excel, & Law Logix
- Ensure the maintenance and update of client case files and case management
- Work with Legal Data & Knowledge Management Administrator, Managing Attorneys and Directors to improve and refine processes
- Oversee and implement case information and implement case file documentation processes
- Oversee cases and records, including file progress notes, correspondence, calendars, and dockets
- Oversee and implement case management database, generate statistical reports, ensure data entry accuracy on client information, and caseload processes
- Improve all data and case management procedures, policies, and processes.
- Provide implementation, and training for case management procedures and ensure implementation
- Comply with all contract requirements and provide data and statistical information for grants, and contracts
- Provide and oversee accurate and timely monthly data, time logs, and reports
- Participate in calls and meetings organized by funders, city-wide advocacy groups, and local service providers when appropriate and helpful
- Work with attorneys to provide legal assistance such as “Know Your Rights” and Intake for detained unaccompanied children and assist clients with translations, immigration legal document preparation, and support
Qualifications You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent database and data management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to maintain a significant caseload, set priority, multitask and work under pressure and competing demands
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer applications including MS Office – Excel, Word, Sharepoint, Teams, and Outlook
- Demonstrates multicultural skills and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- During your employment with Resource Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in our benefits program including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, and direct deposit
About Resource Staffing
Resource Staffing is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1989, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in various industries and positions throughout Texas. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.