The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Logistics Specialist - 2nd shift
Laredo, TX 78045 US
Posted: 03/14/2023 2023-03-14 2023-04-21 Industry: Clerical/Office Job Number: KC526238314
Mon - Fri, 2pm - 10pm
$15 - $16/hour
The Logistics Specialist provides customer service to both internal and external customers, which includes; taking customer orders, giving pricing information, performing consultative sales to customers, explaining services and benefits to customers to assist with procurement of capacity, monitoring service on all requests and shipments, and generating business leads for our sales organization. This position also anticipates customer needs, suggests alternatives, and solves problems by resolving customer issues competently and appropriately.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support new and existing customer accounts to foster business development.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable service to all internal and external customers.
- Identify and communicate business opportunities into the sales organization (through the Sales Support department).
- Oversee order creation, load procurement, negotiation, freight tendering, and problem resolution.
- Update customers regarding shipments as required via phone, email, and web-based channels.
- Identify customer needs and facilitate communication with owner operators or outside agents to provide the most cost-effective means of shipment execution.
- Provide a high level of accuracy in order documentation.
- Understand unique freight handling characteristics and delivery requirements to allow contractors to operate in a safety-oriented environment.
- Assist contractors in obtaining shipment critical information (directions, pick up numbers, tow-related services, etc.) via phone and email communication.
- Monitor shipments from order entry through delivery to ensure on time performance is met.
- Suggest improvements to business processes and procedures when applicable to benefit the corporate goals as well as key stakeholders.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Collaborative - Ability to work with others to find solutions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate with economy and clarity, actively engaging the conversation in order to clearly understand others’ message and intent, and receives and processes feedback.
- Communication, Written - Ability to write concise, clear letters, reports, articles, or e-mails, including proofing and editing.
- Customer Oriented - Desire to serve both external and internal customers by focusing effort of meeting the clients’ needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills. Pays meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Initiative - Ability to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue.
- Interpersonal - Ability to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Time Management - Ability to prioritize and utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.