MAINT2 / Maintenance Level 2
McDonough, GA 30253
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician B DEPT / DIVISION: Maintenance
POSITION REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor LOCATION: McDonough D.C.
Position Summary: This skilled position represents a technician skilled in one or possibly several trades. B-level Maintenance Technicians perform various tasks in the repair and maintenance of machinery, building, and equipment. Tasks range from reading blue prints and fabricating devices to troubleshooting complex system issues. Advancement to this position requires successful completion of the standardized mechanical aptitude test and interview process.
Primary Responsibilities of the Job:
1. Exhibit troubleshooting skills in all aspects of distribution center maintenance including electrical, PLC, mechanical, breakdown, and analytical areas of the business. Apply training acquired both externally and internally to projects, assignments, and incidents to gain competence within the department.
2. Apply Safe Work practices learned from previous assignments and as a demonstration of understanding the organizational requirements for Safety. Recognize and communicate safety-related issues during troubleshooting assignments.
3. Troubleshoot equipment-related problems and process performance related issues in order to determine the root cause(s) of a particular request or incident. Use systematic troubleshooting methods to determine the key root cause. Apply good judgment to choosing solutions.
4. Install electrical conduit, wiring, switching devices, controls, fixtures, motors, outlets, enclosures, and other such equipment in order to increase capacity, repair breakdowns, or improve efficiency.
5. Analyze and repair mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment (i.e. conveyor/sortation, building/facility, fire/safety) and plans and takes corrective action.
6. Assist in testing and calibrating electrical, pneumatic, and HVAC controls under operating conditions with or without assistance from specialized contractor(s).
7. Conduct routine preventative maintenance inspection of assigned equipment, report findings and take corrective actions if possible. Record findings in CMMS.
8. Document and communicate recurring equipment malfunctions, reliability concerns, and lead the effort to implement corrective action recommendations.
9. Use computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to seek out similar issues for help with resolution and/or to build justification for replacement equipment. Assist or coach lower-level technicians with their CMMS proficiency.
10. Develop and present training and communication sessions for the department related to new, modified, or complex equipment operations.
11. Operate and troubleshoot label application equipment as required to maintain a documented record of label quality from either desktop, or process-line printing devices.
12. Assist in routine preventative maintenance inspection of assigned equipment including lubrication of both stationary and moving equipment with oils, greases and other lubricants.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Internal: Facility Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Supervision, and Operations Manager
External: Limited contact with contract services
1. Determine best methods, procedures for maintenance repairs.
2. Make troubleshooting/repair recommendations to maintenance supervisor
Resourcefulness/Creativity: Associate should be effective in solving non-recurring problems.
1. Must stay abreast of changing technology and work in a fast-paced environment
2. Must be able to crawl, bend, lift up to 50 lbs., climb, and work at up to 50 ft. heights
3. Must be able to distinguish different wire colors
4. Must be able to stand most or all of shift in a wide range of temperatures
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience: Must have 5-7 years mechanical maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, conveyors, and sortation experience in a distribution environment. A minimum of two (2) years proven, demonstrated and verifiable electrical / electronics experience is desired.
? Understand PLC programming and controls in an automated environment
? Six (6) weeks of Weekend Shift experience preferred
? Exposure to paints, coatings, and adhesives applications
? Root Cause Analysis or other systematic problem solving exposure
? Familiar with gearboxes and electric motors, v-belts and pulleys
? Exposure to mathematics applied to industry
? Familiar with sprockets and chains used as power transmission
? Understand, confidently use, and maintain shop tools
? Understand principles of generators and power generation equipment
? Familiar with metal fabrication tools, cutting & welding, pumps and compressors, HVAC, and fire response equipment
? Understand packaging and labeling equipment and their implementation
? Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics related to processing equipment
Education: Must score a minimum of 75 percentile on the Bennet s Mechanical Aptitude test. Requires High School Diploma or GED. Technical school or technical training preferred.
Willingness to attend and complete conveyor training classes off site Analytical skills including meters and gauges
Skills: Must possess troubleshooting skills, good communication, mechanical aptitude ability to operate various equipment, ability to use hand tools.
________________________________ _________________________________ ___________________________________
Manager Date Division Head Date Human Resources Date
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org