East Berlin, CT 06023 US
Starting with customer requirements, engineers work with product managers to help scope and specify solutions that meet the customer’s requirements. Once an order is received, the engineer will work with the product manager to design the machine or system, fully document the design (drawings, BOMs, routings, manuals), support the procurement and operations teams during the build, and assist the customer with startup of the machine. The successful candidate for this role has a strong engineering aptitude, effective communication skills, strong project management skills, and a “get it done” attitude.
• Assists in the creation of customer requirements documentation.
• Participates in R&D activities to advance standard product offerings.
• Performs cost analysis on key components and works to reduce the cost and assembly time of the overall system.
• Creation and maintenance of design drawings (detailed and assembly)
• Creation and maintenance of bills of materials and routings.
• Oversees any regulatory or listing agency requirements for the build.
• Assists the operation team with any issues that arise during the procurement and assembly phases of the machine.
• Assists with the startup, commissioning, and debugging of custom machines.
• Helps perform documents and factory acceptance testing (both internally and at the customer’s site.)
• Assists with application issues, warranty issues, or any post-sale issues on machines and systems.
Skills and Competencies
• BSME or similar technical degree preferred but will consider equivalent experience without a degree
• 5 plus years of design experience.
• Strong mechanical/electro-mechanical design ability is a must.
• Strong analytical skills, capable of understating a complex system and able to specify key components.
• High proficiency with solid modeling and detailing. Autodesk Inventor is a plus.
• Familiarity with product configuration and documentation within an ERP system (item master, BOMs, routings.)
• Good verbal and written communication skills and willingness to interface directly with customers.
• Willing to travel when required for system startup or support issues