Mechanical Machine Designer
Meadville, PA 16335
Work directly with the Project Manager in the layout and design of specialty equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review the sales proposal and drawings and the customer's specifications with the Engineer.
- Prepare an estimate of the number of drawings and approximate hours to complete design. Understand and develop design concepts independently, including interfacing with vendors, the Toolroom and at times customers.
- Provide concept & layout drawings, functional assembly drawings and detailed drawings for the Toolroom and assembly.
- Understand and adhere to standard engineering practices. Demonstrate insight into analyzing designs and enhancing them.
- Provide information to detail draftspersons.
- Control drawing costs and schedule throughout the project.
- Keep close contact with the shop with current projects and possible improvements and cost reductions for future projects.
Training and Work Experience Requirements:
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Associates Degree in a technical field with extensive equivalent experience.
A minimum three (4) years experience in machine design or five (6) years in Drafting and Design field.