The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Medical Assistant I
Houston, TX 77030 US
Posted: 05/11/2023 2023-05-11 2023-07-08 Industry: Medical Assistant Job Number: JR647931214
Medical Assistant I
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77030 | Location: Texas Medical Center
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: General Surgery | Salary: $17 to $21 an hour
Do you want to work with a team of people who are passionate about what they do? Do you have a passion for making a difference in your community? One of the premier Surgery clinics in the Houston Medical Center is seeking a Medical Assistant I to perform patient care and aid clerical and administrative staff. If this is your time to make a difference in your community, apply today!
Medical Assistant I’s Responsibilities
- Perform triage responsibilities such as taking vital signs, collecting specimens, and wound care.
- Perform clerical and administrative responsibilities such as filing or scanning patient medical records and obtaining lab or x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Order prescriptions from pharmacies
- Collect patient history, perform medication reconciliation, and enter information in the electronic medical record.
- Sterilize medical instruments and prepare operating or procedure rooms
- Conduct patient outreach phone calls
Medical Assistant I’s Qualifications
- Complete Vaccination against COVID-19 required
- Medical Assistant Certification through an accredited program is required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a medical assistant is required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is preferred
- EMR - Epic experience is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a strong plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- $10 parking reimbursement
- Park-N-Ride stations are easily accessible
- Numerous tenured professionals with experience and knowledge from which to learn
- The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, with no weekends!
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $17 to $21 an hour
If you are looking for a new opportunity that will allow you to make an impact in your community, we want to hear from you!
Team1Medical is one of Houston, TX's most trusted medical staffing agencies. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.