The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77027 US
Posted: 03/08/2023 2023-03-08 2023-05-01 Industry: Medical Assistant Job Number: TS636734215
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77091 | Location: Various Locations Across Houston
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $23 an hour
Client Company: Harris County’s Public Health Department
Do you have experience working as a Medical Assistant? Team1Medical and Harris County Public Health Department are seeking a Medical Assistant to join their team! The Medical Assistant will perform direct care in the community, health centers, and mobile clinics and support clinical services across Harris County. Prepare and complete various clinical tasks across Harris County to spread public health awareness. If you are a Medical Assistant seeking a rewarding position that can assist others in the community, submit your resume today to see what opportunities are available for you!
Medical Assistant’s Responsibilities
- Perform phlebotomy, including capillary and venous draws
- Collect samples of urine, pregnancy tests, lead tests, and vital signs, and gather patient histories
- Prepare and label all patient specimens for transport to appropriate laboratories
- Provide in-room support for all clinical staff during the clinic visits as needed
- Maintain laboratory and exam rooms by infection control policies and complete monthly inventory
- Enter data into EMR: Epic, Excel, and other related programs
- Stock exam rooms with medical supplies necessary for client screening
- Provide quality assurance on all needed medical equipment and supplies
Medical Assistant’s Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certificate required
- A minimum of 6 months of experience as a Medical Assistant or in a medical office, hospital, or laboratory is required
- CPR Certification is required
- A valid Texas Driver’s License is required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Full-time temporary position opportunity
- Easy access on and off the freeway with shopping and restaurants nearby
- Live close to home and work within your community!
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $23 an hour
Utilize your Medical Assistant experience to help the community and raise public health awareness – Submit your resume today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.